This is what life looks like....in Leighland...

Wednesday 30 January 2013

A weight on my mind...

Ok, so my GP weighed me today....

After getting over the urge to throw myself off the nearest tall building, I have to decided I'm going to try  The Fast Diet.  I'm sure most of you will know what this is, but for those of you who have been living under a rock (or in Leighland!!) and have no idea what it is - you 'fast' for 2 non-consecutive days and eat what ever you like for the other 5.  It promises not only weight loss,  but can help reduce high cholesterol, increase brain function and even help defend against cancer!  It's not fasting in the traditional sense - rather than 24hrs without food, it recommends women take 500 kcals and men take 600 kcals and wait 12 hours between eating.  While I'm incredibly skeptical, it doesn't cost anything so has got to be worth a try!

Now for the part that makes me feel sick...I'm publishing my weight and measurements for the world to see *gulp* the only other person on the planet who knows what I weigh is my GP.  No one else knows my measurements and this is very, very hard for me to do.  I have asked my other half to take some 'before' pics but as yet have not had the guts (no pun intended!!) to strip to my undercrackers in front of a camera :-(

Day 1:
Weight - 15st 7lbs
Waist - 41"
Hips - 49"
Under bust - 40"
Upper arm - 16"
Thigh - 28.5"

Wow, that is horrifying and I can't believe I'm going to publish this!!  But publish it I am, you always hear that admission and acceptance is the first step to recovery and I'm adopting the philosophy...

Wish me luck and don't forget to share your weight loss experiences!!  You can even share your experiences for trying to gain weight, I know there are many people who struggle as much trying to gain weight as others do to lose it!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment