This is what life looks like....in Leighland...

Saturday 27 April 2013

What I've learned so far....

Well, we're over a quarter of the way into 2013 and I thought now might be a good time to reflect on what I've learned on my journey into frugality and organisation....

Er....not a lot to be honest!!

I'm still paying off a debt on my Mum's credit card - we usually take part in a Christmas savings club though His Lordships work, but they decided not to offer it last year.  We decided to just save the money ourselves, but as we had easy access, we dipped into it a little too often so there wasn't much left by the time we needed it for Christmas shopping!




We're still in a better financial position now compared to January and it kinda goes hand in hand with the weight part of my New Year resolutions...4 weeks ago, I dared to get on the scales and was devastated to find that I weighed more than ever!  In sheer desperation  I decided the only thing to do was start a meal replacement diet.  4 weeks on, I've spent a total of £130 on 6 weeks worth of porridge and shakes - thats £21pw and our weekly shopping bill is down from £50 - £60pw to around £20 - £25pw and better yet, I've lost a total of 20lbs!!!

As for making 1 dream a reality - I've decided on the dream, but its an expensive one so goodness only knows when I'm going to be able to start trying to make it happen!  One of my hobbies is making natural body lotions and potions and I would love nothing more than to start selling my concoctions on Etsy, but it all takes money!!  I would need to get certified and insured and although it's ok to prepare skincare products in the same kitchen that you prepare food in - it's not ok to use the same tools so I'd need to buy all new pots, pans, utensils etc then I'd need to buy ingredients and finally I'd need packaging.  I reckon at least £1,500 - £2,00 which I just don't have!

I have recently been referred to the Chronic Pain Clinic and one of the pain management techniques they use is teaching you you to pace yourself.  To do this, you need to make a plan.  you need to list the jobs that need doing then you break them into manageable segments allowing significant breaks through out.  In case you hadn't noticed, that's the organisational part of my New Year Resolutions taken care off....haha, ok so it would be a little more accurate to say that I have started to organise my day and hopefully it will make my life easier!!!!

Did you make New Year resolutions?  Have you stuck to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment