This is what life looks like....in Leighland...

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Back to the resolutions....

Ok, so my New Years resolutions were supposed to be helping me to become thinner, more organised and frugal...
Although planning and executing birthday parties may be fun- stressful, but fun none the less - its hasn't really gotten me any closer to my goal :-(

So lets look at the weight thing.  Eeek!!  I have a few medical what nots that play havoc with body. They make weight gain unbelievably easy and weight loss ..wow, well lets just say it would be easier to get blood from a stone than it is for me to lose weight.  It doesn't help matters that since my car accident in August, I've gained another stone and half!!!!!! *insert sobbing here*

I really need to do something about this, not just for my health, it's my 10th wedding anniversary in a few months and we're celebrating in Egypt and worse still, I'm going to see the The Rocky Horror Picture Show in a few weeks!!  For the benefit of those why may have lived under a rock for the last 30 odd years and don't know what RHPS is, this is a picture of me as we we're heading out to a show in either '07 or '08.  I thought I looked pretty horrific then but I'm positively Bond girl-esque in comparison to now!!  Needless to say I need a miracle cure and I need it YESTERDAY!!!!!

Thanks to my medical what nots, the basic 'eat less, move more' philosophy just does not work for me.  After slogging my guts out at gym for 2-3 hrs a day, 5 days a week for 6 wks and losing only a measly 2 lbs, my soul was so crushed I decided to never go again...of course, I didn't stick to that and have joined gyms since, worked my ass off with no results and quit again so many times so I really need to try something else...but what??  I've joined Weight Watchers loads of times, struggled to work out the whole points malarkey ..lost a whopping 5lbs each time over a period of weeks and then hit a brick wall and stop losing weight no matter how strictly I stick to the regime.  So what's next??

I've been scouring t'internet looking for inspiration and am frankly coming up short....even looking at sites that are dedicated to people with the same what nots as me aren't helping much.  I already take the meds they recommend to regulate insulin resistance etc but without the promised results.  The only thing I can think of to try next is a VLCD - Very Low Calorie Diet.  You know the ones, meal replacement shakes and soups.  I have mixed feelings about these products, on 1 hand you're pretty much starving yourself and forcing your body into ketosis - not good for someone with insulin issues (not diabetes) but at the same time, they are packed full of vitamins and minerals, synthetic maybe, but vitamins all the same which is more than my current, obscenely limited vegetarian diet at the minute!!

I've looked at lots of them and have partially decided to try the 28 day Rosemary Conley Solo Slim plan as it involves real(ish) food that is delivered to your door, but it only seems to provide for 2 meals a day - breakfast and dinner so I don't quite get what I'm meant to do with all the cheese (they send 4 blocks of her own low fat cheese?!) Has anyone tried this one before?  What does it entail and how did you do?

Feel free to post comments, whether they be your own stories, questions, advice, or use the poll on the right side of the page to say what you think I should do.... xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment